Thursday, May 19, 2011

London Landing!

Landing in London was like coming home again. As soon as I stepped off the plane (well, after getting through immigration and grabbing my suitcase), I saw my aunt waiting for me by the terminal. After our happy little reunion, we made our way to the Underground and caught the tube towards Cockfosters. It was 10:30pm in London, meaning 5:30pm in Pittsburgh, and I was a little tired...even though all I had done on the plane was listen to my iPod and sleep. Three or four tube stops in, I remembered my family. I had no way to contact them, seeing as my phone doesn't work in the UK, and I could have bet anything my parents were panicking (the flight landed a little late because they were having problems fixing the video device before takeoff!). Khala, my aunt, sent a quick email to my parents back home as we got off the tube at Gloucestor Road.

The familiarity of the Gloucester Road station made me smile. I truly love being back. I exited, using my very own "Limited-Edition" Oyster card with a picture of Will and Kate, and Khala and I walked to her apartment. The night was absolutely perfect--something interesting for London. It was clear and cool, but not unpleasantly so. See, it doesn't always rain here!

My grandparents greeted me in the apartment and, of course, fed me. While I was eating, Mom called. Turns out they had been very worried about me, since my flight landed late. But what was I supposed to have done? I felt like I needed a tracking device put in me to appease them, but they were doing fine and let me get back to my food after I reassured them I was doing well.

Despite only eating and sleeping basically all day, I was still tired. I went to bed in order to get over any jetlag so I could embrace the new day fully and not waste a single minute of my time here. Now it's morning again and its sunny and warm (almost 20 degrees C!).  We'll see what shenanigans I get up to today! More later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment